Sunday, March 20, 2011

Alice In Wonderland













I asked Laina if she would be interested in taking acting classes this year and at first she replied “I’ll do that when I’m seven”.  She was nervous to try something new.  When she found out that a friend of hers was already enrolled she felt more comfortable and decided to sign up.  For the first 4 weeks of class, Laina would not let me leave the acting studio. All of the other moms sat outside the room, but I had to remain inside where Laina could see me until she felt comfortable.

After about 6 weeks, Laina’s teacher Ms. Ronda was ready to cast the play.  Up until then, all the kids had been practicing all of the roles.  Ms. Ronda approached me and said “Laina is clearly smart as a whip, she memorizes her lines like nobody’s business - - but I’m just not sure if she’s going to get up on stage and actually perform on the day of the play.”  This too was my concern.  Laina and I spoke about the play and she assured me that yes, she would definitely perform!  Ms. Ronda cast her as Tweedle Dee which was perfect because she was paired with Tweedle Dum and she instantly had a “buddy”.

Laina did a great job on the day of the play. I was so proud of her. She got out there on stage, in front of everyone and said her lines.  I know how hard it was for her to put herself out there like that and my hope is that as these plays go on, she will become more and more comfortable up on stage.

Great Job little Tweedle Dee! We love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment